Saturday, February 2

WME Flickr Focus: January 2013

The starting gun has fired and we're out of the traps for 2013, but instead of chasing mechanical rabbits it's photographic content that needs to be sniffed out over the coming few months...

To that end, the new year has brought with it a slight shift in emphasis as I have been able to include a few pictures that never appeared on the old WME Fotopic site. So far these have concentrated on Exploration Extra releases as I unfurl a little more of my 2009 archive. A visit to Chester with Roger, Woody and Andy gets some coverage thanks to shots of Chester Station, Mold auction shack and a couple of bus captures. Then we have a sprinkling from my Skegness holiday with nods to Bateman's Brewery and Boston Marina, whilst there is a token representative from Rail Rover 2010 in the form of Chirk Church.

The archive plunderings have also seen me revisit earlier outings to see what else might be extracted from the deep. Trips to Wythall and Aston Manor in 2006 and 2007 all fell under the gaze of my Fotopic endeavours but some of the photos missed out first time around. It's rather satisfying then to see some of the 'Wumpty Twenty' event buses taking their rightful place in the October 2006 selection for example - the Fotopic version of this set contrained only two photos but now there are six.

I have a feeling that much of my work this year will focus on releasing completely new material onto my photostream, and there is certainly a lot to get to grips with when you consider that my archive from May 2009 onwards is almost non-existent in terms of current representation. However, I will still be trying to chisel a few more of the old Fotopic images into position and January did make a contribution to this. WME Wolverhampton received a shot of Glasshouse Bridge on the Bradley Canal Arm, whilst WME Staffordshire took delivery of bus shots at Essington and Uttoxeter, not to mention a Wombourne village sign and a peek at Longton Bus Interchange. There were also some welcome airings for Clacton's Seafront Gardens on Exploration Extra to round things off. All this means that the WME photostream is a bit of a mongrel at the moment, but I might make a pedigree greyhound out of it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment